** Are you a MARKETING WHIZ? **
** Do you love NATURAL FOODS? **
** Are you passionate about LOCAL? **
** Are you interested in a new CHALLENGE and eager to make a BIG IMPACT on a small business? **
If you have a passion for food, want to work with great people and be part of a growing business, there could be an opportunity at BEL AIR FOODS.
Founded in 1954, Bel Air Foods (www.belairfoods.com) is a family-owned, full service grocery store located the heart of the beautiful Roscomare Valley. It is a special business that combines convenience, community, discovery and integrity. We are bringing natural foods and an “everyday and gourmet” perspective to one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Consistent with its almost 60 years of heritage, Bel Air Foods is a community institution that sells groceries.
We are looking for a marketing manager to join our team, someone who can boost our marketing and increase our sales. We want an individual that enjoys food and retail. The ideal candidate will bring a strategic marketing sense with a willingness to roll up his or her sleeves and GET THINGS DONE! You must be comfortable working in a startup environment and understand how to convert a small budget into big results.
The marketing manager will be responsible for setting a budget and managing to the numbers; designing and implementing in-store signs and out-of-store campaigns; building partnerships with organizations in the local community; creating and driving online marketing and PR; and measuring the efficiency of marketing programs. The candidate will collaborate closely with management and other team members to execute their responsibilities. Performance will be judged based on incremental sales and marketing efficiency.
– Some marketing experience, ideally in a retail environment
– Passion for food, ideally natural/organic or gourmet
– Strong sense of personal responsibility and initiative
– Creative thinker but also should be analytical, detailed oriented
– Outgoing personality, positive attitude and love customers!
– Experienced with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Yelp, etc)
– Helpful to have prior experience with advertising, direct mail
– Have your own transportation since public transportation in the area is limited
– Be ready to have fun! 🙂
– Role initially will be part-time, consultative but can evolve into full-time position.
– Hours will be worked out with management but min. 20 hours/week in store
To apply for the job, email a resume and a “Marketing Proposal” about how you would create a marketing program for Bel Air Foods to email@example.com. We want your thoughts! Candidates will be contacted for an interview based on the quality of their proposal which will be evaluated for creativity and feasibility.