Do you have experience working in a Gourmet Deli? We are looking for a Chef that has experience preparing gourmet deli items to develop a menu and prepare deli items on a daily basis. The preferred hours would be in the morning typically starting at 8:30 a.m. This is a leadership opportunity for an experienced Chef.
Founded in 1954, Bel Air Foods is a full service grocery store located the heart of the beautiful Roscomare Valley. It is a special business that combines convenience, community, discovery and integrity. New ownership with extensive experience (Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Starbucks) has re-launched this store, bringing natural foods and an “everyday and gourmet” perspective to the neighborhood. We seek to build a community institution that sells groceries and prepared foods.
We are open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week.
This is a fun job in a fast-paced environment, offering schedule flexibility and opportunity for advancement.
Deli Cook Job Description:
MENU AND RECIPE PLANNING – Develop and maintain daily menus on a weekly basis for prepared foods (e.g. salads, sandwiches, gourmet entrées, pasta, rotisserie chicken, etc). Prepare foods from quality ingredients, without taking shortcuts.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – Manage inventory, procurement process and pricing to achieve targeted gross profit margin. Maintains correct department signage and pricing.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE – Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with relevant regularity rules and standards, including: OSHA, Department of Labor, Health and Sanitation, FDA.
– Previous production cooking experience is required.
– Valid ServSafe Certification (Food Handler Card). Candidates who do not have a valid ServSafe Certificate at this time, but are able to produce one within 14 days of employment may apply.
– Experience with purchasing quality ingredients and supplies
– Strong organizational skills; basic computer skills.
– Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
– An appreciation for amazing customer service and willing to go the extra mile
– Flexibility and problem solving skills, a person who can tackle challenges and get the job done
– Have a high regard for personal responsibility and willingness to take initiative
– Have your own transportation since public transportation in the area is limited
To apply please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a summary of your experience, preferably a resume.
Bel Air Foods is located at 2323 Roscomare Road, just south of Mulholland Drive, in the hills of Bel Air (adjacent to West LA and Sherman Oaks).