Do you have grocery store management experience? We are looking for a senior leader to manage the grocery department for our grocery store.
Founded in 1954, Bel Air Foods is a full service grocery store located the heart of the beautiful Roscomare Valley. It is a special business that combines convenience, community, discovery and integrity. New ownership with extensive experience (Whole Foods, Wild Oats, Starbucks) has re-launched this store, bringing natural foods and an “everyday and gourmet” perspective to the neighborhood. We seek to build a community institution that sells groceries and prepared foods.
We are open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., 7 days a week.
Grocery Department Manager Job Description:
ORDERING GROCERY PRODUCTS – Manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity. Develop ordering and receiving process.
MERCHANDISING – Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the needs of the community. Maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times. Collaborate with other departments to cross-merchandise. Develop promotion plan to boost sales of specials.
PRICING — implement pricing strategy based on competitive review of market and aligned with revenue goals.
MANAGEMENT — day-to-day management of existing employees. Hire and train new employees.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delightful service.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – Manage inventory, procurement process and pricing to achieve targeted gross profit margin. Maintains correct department signage and pricing.
– Grocery store management experience — preferably leading grocery department of natural grocery store.
– Experience ordering conventional and natural grocery products.
– Understand basic finance principals (i.e. revenue, profit).
– Able to prioritize efficiently and delegate responsibilities.
– Strong organizational skills; basic computer skills.
– An appreciation for amazing customer service and willing to go the extra mile
– Flexibility and problem solving skills, a person who can tackle challenges and get the job done
– Have a high regard for personal responsibility and willingness to take initiative
To apply please send us an email with a summary of your experience, preferably a resume.