Who said carving is only for Halloween?
Watermelon is the ultimate summer fruit, and who doesn’t love watermelon, anyway? Let your creative juices flow with a variety of watermelon carving activities, and then feast on this hydrating and satisfying fruit!
1. Use a round watermelon and be sure to slice 1/2 inch (just over 1 cm) off the end to provide a stable base which you will really need . Determine the desired height of your carving and, using a pencil, draw a line all the way around the watermelon.Also you may use a black washable marker by Crayola.
2. Use the knife to removethe top portion of the watermelon to create the flowers with a flower cookie cutter.
3. Remove the flesh with a melon baller then make the fruit salad.
4. Draw a smile with a pencil, making adjustments in scale to your particular watermelon. Use a paring knife to carve out eyes and mouth.
5. Cut 1/4″ (just over 1/2 cm) slices from the rind of the removed top portion, and cut with flower shaped cookie cutters.
6. Attach the flowers to the head with sturdy round toothpicks. Attach decorative melon balls on top of flowers to form the buds.
7. Fill the carving with a salad of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe balls. Place on the center of the table as a centerpiece.
Read more at http://www.craftjr.com/watermelon-recipes-watermelon-carving/#7wGJ7yeWdgYLY3XB.99
This entry was posted in Activity
. Bookmark the permalink