Fresh, light and super healthy, this Roasted Tomato Gazpacho is wonderful as an appetizer or a side dish. A great low calorie soup recipe that tastes decadent.
INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE AT BEL AIR FOODS
- 2 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
- 2 small red bell peppers
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup torn day-old whole wheat bread, (crusts removed)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill tomatoes, and bell pepper, turning a few times, until they soften and the skins are blistered and charred in spots, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pepper to a plastic bag and let it steam until cool enough to handle. Peel off the skin; cut the pepper in half and discard the stem and seeds. Place in a blender.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, core and roughly chop. Add the tomatoes, to the blender.
- Add in the cucumber, bread, garlic, vinegar, parsley, cayenne salt and pepper. Blend until mostly smooth. Add oil and blend until well combined. Refrigerate until room temperature or chilled, at least 1 hour.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 30 minute(s)