Chilled Avocado Soup
INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE AT BEL AIR FOODS
- 4 avocados
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Halves avocados and remove their pits. Scoop out the avocado flesh into a blender. Add stock and lime juice and whirl until smooth. Let blender run for at least a full minute, if not two, to get a completely smooth texture.
- Taste soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve or cover and chill and serve chilly cold. Top with cilantro when ready to serve, if you like.
Courtesy of Molly Watson, About.com and www.christonium.com