A passover meal wouldn’t be complete without haroseth, a traditional, chutney-like condiment.
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted natural pistachios
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sweet passover wine
- 1/4 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Fresh mint sprigs (for garnish)
Stir pistachios in heavy medium skillet over medium heat until lightly toasted and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Combine dates, cherries, apricots, wine, and juice in medium bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in honey, lemon juice, orange peel, and spices. Chop pistachios; mix into haroseth. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Garnish haroseth with mint sprigs.